Purchasing a car is exciting, but it comes with a lot of responsibility and risk. Having an auto insurance policy is required in Louisiana and can protect you from paying hefty out-of-pocket costs following an accident.
What Is Auto Insurance?
Auto insurance is a contractual agreement between you and the insurer. In exchange for regular premium payments from you, the insurer agrees to help cover costs in the event of a covered claim, such as a theft or collision.
There are a few different types of auto coverages you can secure. Here’s a brief overview of some of the most common:
· Liability insurance helps insure you against claims arising from damage or injuries you cause to others if you are at fault in a wreck.
o Bodily injury liability coverage helps cover their medical bills (and in some cases, deaths).
o Property damage liability helps pay for damage to the other driver’s property, such as their vehicle.
· Collision insurance helps cover damage to your vehicle after a wreck.
· Comprehensive insurance helps pay for damage from non-accident mishaps, such as weather damage.
· Medical coverage helps pay for your medical bills and those of your passengers.
· Uninsured/underinsured insurance helps insure you against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have adequate liability coverage.
To learn more about additional benefits to include in your policy, be sure to reach out to our agency today.
Clockwork Insurance Services is here to help the car owners of Metairie. Our agents are ready to assist you in learning more about auto insurance policies so you can make the best decision on coverage options.
Contact us today at 844-288-3122 to learn more about auto insurance policies.